We are coming in to our third season of Big Bash on TheBench.
Last year was the first year we ran public competitions and we had 20 competitions running and got great feedback.
So if you love your Big Bash, round your mates up and get ready to draft!
What is the scoring format?
We have intentionally kept the scoring very basic so that you can keep track of your match-ups easily. Those super cricket nerds like myself will see some similarities in the scoring format to the way Man of the Match is decided on the long running Cricket Captain game.
As with all our games on TheBench, you can customise the scoring for paid leagues ($10 per club) but we also offer a free version which is the easiest to setup if you just want to get it up and going.
Here is our basic FREE scoring:
- Select THREE x Batsman (1 point per run, 5 points per catch and 5 points per run out)
- Select ONE x Wicket Keeper (1 point per run, 10 points per catch, 10 points per stumping and 10 points per run out)
- Select ONE x All Rounder (1 point per run, 5 points per catch, 5 points per run out and 20 points per wicket)
- Select TWO x Bowlers (1 point per run, 5 points per catch, 5 points per run out and 20 points per wicket)
- Select ONE x Bench (this player will automatically substitute into a playing position if your starter does not play and they are the same position).
Who should I look for?
It was a bit of an unknown as to which positions would score the best, but in the end there was a mixture of all positions up the top of the leaderboard.
To give you a bit of an idea on who scored the best in this format, here is last year’s top 10:
- D’Arcy Short (All Rounder) – 584
- Alex Carey (Keeper) – 555
- Dwayne Bravo (All Rounder) – 444
- Shane Watson (All Rounder) – 401
- Rashid Khan (Bowler) – 386
- Jofra Archer (All Rounder) – 375
- Andrew Tye (Bowler) – 337
- Ashton Agar (All Rounder) – 324
- Ben Laughlin (Bowler) – 321
- James Faulkner (All Rounder) – 318
Over the next few weeks we will be posting articles about the best squads and the availability of each of the International players. So keep an eye on the Facebook page.
If you like the sound of this, then let’s get started. Head to TheBench and login or sign-up today!
- Free competition sign-up: https://thebench.com.au/leagues/14/join
- Paid league* sign-up: https://thebench.com.au/leagues/14/create
* Paid leagues allow you to customise the draft order, scoring, number of players in each position, use a waiver wire, customise captains and utilise the rolling lockout. The cost for this is just $10 per club.